Ever wondered about combining these video files you download from the internet? It’s easy. All you need is a free application which will have your job done in minutes. You do not have use a complex video editing software for this. After reading through this guide, you will learn how to save a lot of time and perhaps money.
Here’s how you can combine multiple video files and subtitles:
You will have to download a simple tool named AVI-Mux which is available as a free download here. In the page, scroll down, choose ‘Download’ from the list and select the binary version which is at the top. Extract the contents of the ZIP file to your desired location.Why is this application so better than the others? Read on.
Combining Video files together:
Let me show how this is done.
I want to combine the two episodes of the Season 1 finale of the TV Series Lost. I do not like it to be in two parts because I get confused with the file names and I do not want to be searching for which file to play every time.
- Open the AVI-Mux folder from wherever you have extracted it.
- Run the application by opening the AVIMux_GUI.exe
- You will be able to see the interface now. Drag and drop the video files you want to join into the ‘Open Files’ box
- Select all the files you have put in and hit the â€œGenerate source from data filesâ€ button below the box (Use Ctrl key for selecting multiple files)
- Leave the remaining settings intact and click the Start button at the bottom right corner of the window.
- The ‘Save As’ dialog will show up. Enter the name for your new file and click Save. Your old files will not be deleted.
- A progress bar will be displayed. It will take a few minutes to reach its end. Once it does, you are done.
Go check the place where you saved the file. Play the video and you will see that the files you had asked to be combined are now all together in a single video file.
Now that we have learned how to combine multiple video files, we will look into how subtitles can be added into videos. The process is similar and at the end you will no longer have a separate video and subtitle file i.e. they will be combined into one.
- Add the video and the subtitle file into the open files box
- You can see that the subtitle file gets detected automatically and is displayed below.
- Click on the video file, select it and click the â€œGenerate data source from filesâ€ button
- Hit the Start button and assign a file name and location for the video
Your video file and subtitle will be combined and you don’t have to search for the subtitle file in your system anymore. If you do not want the subtitle, you can always disable it in the video player.
An important thing to note here is that subtitles can be combined within only one particular video at a time. If you try to do it, it won’t work. Instead, you can add subtitles to the video one at a time and then finally add them together like we mentioned in the first guide.
This application supports AVI and MKV video files and works with MP3 and AC3 audio. Start using it and manage your video collection properly from now. You will realize how useful it is when you have saved up a lot of movies.