More and more people are using Facebook to share their photos and videos. The web-based Facebook photo uploader is kind of bulky and sometimes it crashes your browser. You should try out the following three Facebook photo uploader software if you frequently upload photos to Facebook.
#1: Facebook Photo Uploader for Desktop
Here are instructions to upload photos to Facebook directly from your Desktop using a Java-based app:
- Download the app from here and unzip the file
- Go to the bin folder and start the run.bat file
- A window, like the one below, will pop up
- Go to the folder where your photos are located and drag them to the â€˜Photos to Upload’ section in the app window
- Once that’s done, click the â€˜Upload to Facebook’ button to upload the photos to your Facebook account
#2: Picasa Facebook Photo Uploader
You can use this photo uploader to upload photos to Facebook directly from Picasa photo management software.
- If you’ve got Picasa installed, go here and click on the â€˜Install Now’ button
- In the window that pops up, choose â€˜Facebook’ option from the â€˜Available Buttons’ area and click â€˜Add’. Then, click â€˜OK’.
- You should see a Facebook button in the bottom of the window
- Choose the photos that you want to upload and click on the â€˜Facebook’ button to upload the photos to Facebook
- Give your Facebook login details in the window that appears
- A window, similar to the one below, will appear:
- Fill in the required photo details and click â€˜Upload’.
- In the browser window that appears, click â€˜Approve’ to upload the photos to your Facebook account
#3: Facebook Photo Uploader for Firefox
If you spend most of your time inside the Firefox web browser, you can download and install the Firefox Universal Uploader addon from this page. This addon allows you to upload photos to Facebook directly from inside Firefox.
- Once the addon is installed, restart Firefox and click on the big status bar icon that resembles the letter â€˜f’
- Choose Facebook from the list of services and click â€˜Manage Accounts’ and then â€˜Add Account’
- Login and authorize the photo uploader app by clicking â€˜Allow’
- Click â€˜I’m done authorizing’
- Choose your account name back in the Manage Accounts window and click â€˜OK’
- Go to Tools > Fire Uploader
- Two panes appear, as shown below:
- Navigate to your photos folder and right click on the required photos and choose â€˜Upload’ or drag and drop the photos to be uploaded to the right pane
Do let us know in the comments if you know of any other Facebook Photo Uploaders. I’ll be glad to add them to this list.