Recently, I encountered an error when trying to transfer some MP3 files to my dad’s Nokia 3110c mobile phone from my computer. Everytime I tried to copy and paste some files into the memory card present in the phone via the Nokia Phone Browser, it showed an error dialog with a message saying “The operation could not be completed”.
I scouted for some solutions on the web, and here are two possible solutions that could solve the issue.
- First, go to Start > Run and type this into the Run Dialog Box: Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
- Windows will then throw up a dialog box:
- Restart your computer and try copying the files again. Things should work fine now.
In case, you’re still getting the error with the message “The operation could not be completed”, follow these steps:
- Start the Nokia PC Suite
- Click on the ‘Update PC Suite’ link in the right extreme at the bottom of the window.
- Download the update. Once the download is complete, the Nokia PC suite will update itself with the new version.
- Restart and copy your files. You should be able to transfer files from your computer to your Nokia phone now. Good luck!
If you’re still unable to transfer files, you need to format your memory card.
Hope that solves your problems. Use the comments section to voice your questions and doubts.